Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Cozy Cabin


Last week I had another artist reception - this time at The Cabin Coffeehouse and Cafe in Bemidji. I've had my photo cards on display at The Cabin since the summer, but now I am the featured artist for the month of December so my whole line of cards and prints will be available through the end of the year. It was a fun evening and the first of my art receptions where my parents, Tom & Yvonne, were able to attend. So cool! Even though they have "officially" flown south for the winter (and driving their motorhome out West), they fly in for the holidays so we can spend Christmas together each year. It works out great for everyone!


How ironic that the owner of The Cabin, Noemi Aylesworth, and I go waaaaaay back... in fact, we were on stage together in the Paul Bunyan Playhouse production of Oklahoma! back in 1993. It's still hard to believe that was 16 years ago... but what fun memories I have of that show and the other seasons at PBP. Lots of good friendships created those summers. Good times :o)


So now it's approaching the holidays and time, once again, to reconnect with family and friends. I made a quick trip out to Hawaii again this Thanksgiving to visit my Hawaii Ohana, and that was an amazing trip (as always). You can read more about some of my insights gained on that trip on my Balance Factor blog. Hawaii always grounds me in a way unlike any other place on earth... probably because it's so naturally beautiful and commands your attention and respect. Mother Nature is in full bloom on the lovely islands and she's not afraid to remind you of it every day. Ahhh, Hawaii -
Aloha au iā 'oe.

Wishing you a safe happy holiday season and happy new year.

Namaste,

The Ambassador

No comments: